» Alan P. Bocko, DPM
» Jane E. Andersen, DPM
» Katherine Williams, DPM
- James H. Quillen VA Medical Center Foot and Ankle Residency, Johnson City, TN. 2012-Present. Expected graduation
2015. Chief Resident.
Passed NBPME III
Passed NC Licensure Exam 2014
Attended AO Comprehensive Fixation Course
- Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Des Moines, lA DPM. 2012 Graduate.
Class rank 13/56
Passed NBPME I and II.
Basil Tucker Scholarship recipient 2011
College of Podiatric Medicine Merit Scholar in 2008, 2010, 2011
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Wilmington, NC. BS in Biology 2008.
Graduated Magna Cum Laude and Chancellors list throughout college. GP A 3.8
Member of Phi Kappa Phi
Member of Phi Eta Sigma
Deans List 2004-2008
Chancellors List 2005
- Sanderson High School, Raleigh N C 2004
Class Rank 55/316
National Honor Society Member
- James H Quillen VA Medical Center, Johnson City, TN Current Chief Resident
I am in charge of the call schedule, assist in producing the rotation schedule for all residents for the year and help setup cadaver labs, monthly book clubs, and moderate weekly journal meetings. I am also in charge of any incoming students at our hospital during their 4th year rotations.
- Des Moines University Physical Diagnosis Teaching Assistant 2010
I assisted in educating first year Student Doctors of Osteopathy and Student Doctors of Podiatric Medicine the skills of histories, physical examinations, and diagnoses.
- Des Moines University Assistant Interviewer 2011
I assisted during the interview process for applicants for the 2016 school year.
Health Professional Organizations
- ACFAS Resident Member 2012- Present
- Iowa Podiatric Medical Association Student Member 2008 - 2012
- Student Member of ACFAS 2008- 2012
- James H. Quillen VA Medical Center Residency In Foot and Ankle Surgery PMRR 2012- Present
- Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Teaching Assistant 2010
- Big Brother Big Sister of Iowa (2009-2011)
Acted as a mentor, sponsor, and positive role model in a one-on-one relationship with an at risk child in the Des Moines area. I communicated with the parents and Big Brother Big Sister counselors and participated in activities several times a month. I also helped organize and participated in Big Brother Big Sister sponsored events.
- Des Moines University Senior Health Fair (2009, 2010)
Performed foot examinations as a preventative and informational tool for elderly patients.
- Fit Feet Special Olympics Volunteer (2010)
Provided foot and gait exams, fitted molded inserts, and provided first aid care for acute problems in the athletes.
- Taking Control of Your Diabetes Volunteer (2010)
Provided foot exams on diabetic patients and helped educate people about the effects of diabetes and the importance of regular foot exams.
- Provided supervised medical care for the following events:
- American Lung Association 801 Power Climb
- Dam to Dam Half-Marathon
- Des Moines Marathon
- Meals from the Heartland Volunteer (2009)
Prepared and packaged meals to be sent to Haiti.
- Cape Fear Hospice Volunteer (2008)
Visited patients in home or at the hospice center and assessed pain levels, provided supportive care, did personal errands and provided companionship.
- Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center
Provided medical care to injured sea turtles during the summers of 2001-2007. At the center volunteers worked to educate the public through tours of the facility, and to protect nests on the beach